Fan Fest bomb charge dropped

News24

Cape Town – The State on Tuesday withdrew charges against a man arrested after allegedly making a bomb threat at Cape Town’s FIFA Fan Fest. Sipho Mshweshwe, 32, from Table View in Cape Town, had made several court appearances. Prosecutor Nation Loliwe told the Cape Town Regional Court that representations to prosecuting authorities by Mshweshwe’s attorney Ben Mathewson had been successful. Mathewson said outside the court that Mshweshwe was “very happy”.  “What he had to go through was not a nice experience,” he said. Mshweshwe allegedly refused to be searched when entering the Fan Fest on the Grand Parade last month and allegedly told security guards he had a bomb.